> I am using openoffice 1.1.2 and my problem is that i have a list of about
> 100 names which i wish to arrange in an ascending alphabetical order and
> would appreciate your help in doing this . much obliged, Colin

That is a very old version of OpenOffice. It would be a good idea to upgrade
to the latest version (OOo2.3.1)...

However the sort issue remains the same. If you are in calc, then you select
"data > sort" ...

If you are in writer, you need to put the list in a table before you can
sort. To do this you need to select "table > convert > text to table" ...
If the data is already in a table then it is "table > sort"

Reply to the list if you have further queries.

/paul

--
For those that love Pandora, but don't live in the USA :
http://globalpandora.com/