Suppose I've set references named R1 and R2 in my document, and I realize later that "R1" and "R2" are not the most informative names in the world, so I'd like to change them. How can I do that? They're displayed in the Navigator, but I can't find a way to edit them.

Also, suppose I've created a cross reference to R1 in my document such that the page of R1 is displayed, but I realize I don't want the page to be displayed, I want the chapter instead. How can I edit this cross reference to display the chapter instead of the page?

Finally, I see that http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php offers the Reference Manager macro, which seems to offer functionality such as that I'm interested in. Does anybody have any experience with it or recommendations/unrecommendations regarding it?

Thanks,

Scott