On 21/01/2008, Michael Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Can anyone tell me how to install openoffice 2.3 using transformation
> pls?
>
> Kind Regards
>   Michael Johnson
> Director
> BPEnet Limited Robin Hill Cottage Fairfield Road Eastbourne BN20 7NA
> Tel: 0870 9220247

I'm afraid I do not understand what "transformation" means in this context.
If you mean incremental upgrade then it doesn't exist for OpenOffice. The
OpenOffice software exists in so many different flavours - Windows, Linux,
Mac etc. that maintaining such a scheme would lead to more bugs and problems
than it would [re]solve.

Instead, download the complete package from www.openoffice.org and follow
the installation instructions which are linked to from that same page. On
Windows at least, any 2.x version will overwrite an older 2.y version but
will live alongside a really old 1.z version.

You don't need to *install* the complete package but not doing so is almost
certainly a bad plan because of the tight integration between/among the
various modules.

By the way, this is a public mailing list read by thousands of people on a
regular basis. It is archived in myriad places. For these reasons your
messages are available to anyone with access to the internet. You may
therefore choose in future not to include personal details such as your
postal address. Here be tygers!

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England