Harold Fuchs wrote:
On 23/01/2008, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Perhaps the proper method is to fix the web site, so that a user cannot
submit the problem, until a subject has been entered. I've often been to
web sites, where I cannot proceed, until all mandatory fields are
filled. Many of those sites describe the error in bright red text, so
there's no excuse for not filling in all fields. Just leaving a dummy
subject is not good enough.

Also, I've noticed not everyone here agrees with you.

In this case the web site actually generates the rubbish subject line! It's
just a mailto: link with the syntax that includes the subject, for example:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject".

For details of the mailto: syntax, see
http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html

Why is it that the web site cannot insist on a subject and then include it?