[CC:d to user]

Krysten McCumber wrote:

> I'm sorry to say I do not know what version of OpenOffice I have. But

Help|About OpenOffice.org

> my spell check will not work and it is causing troubles.

Perhaps you can give more details?

> I do not know how to fix it but I do need it fixed A.S.A.P.
> Please email back as soon as you can.

Ensure that your language and character types match. Look at
Tools|Options|Language Settings|Languages to ensure the language you want is
set.

Use File|Wizards|Install new dictionaries if you want.

 For each document, ensure that Format|Character has the correct language in
the "Language" field.

--
Bob Long

personally.