McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:
 Is there a similar solution for somebody who wants to use Linux while
working in a Microsoft-ish company? I use OOo fairly often these days,
for things that other people use Word and Excel, and mostly they don't
notice a thing. But I can't do the same for e-mail and calendar
functions (I admit that I haven't really been searching that hard).

We all use Outlook connected to the corporate Exchange server (or
whatever it's called now), which means that I can't spend all day
working in Linux. In fact, I get yelled at if I fail to respond to
important mails and meeting/schedule updates. Only 35 or so of my
co-workers are at this location. The rest are at corporate offices
around the world. We use the Outlook calendar functions to schedule
everything - meetings, conference calls, whatever.

All of that to say that, no, I'm not going to persuade 35 people here,
and 1100 elsewhere in the company to switch to Thunderbird and Gmail
accounts, and start setting up their own shares. IT Dept. would kill me
if I tried. But if there was something that I could do _within_ the
Microsoft environment, then I could lead by example.

Kevin
Hi Kevin

Have you had a look at Evolution? This is supposed to work well with MS services. No experience myself, but you might have a look.

Russell