At 02:32 29/01/2008 +0000, Roy Price wrote:
I have imported data to the spreadsheet which is showing as text ( ' ) and is aligned left. The data includes dates in the format 12 NOV 1608 how do I convert the 7000 records to usable date format?

One way to do this is to use the DATEVALUE() function.

o  Suppose your values are in column A.
o Next to the first value (in A1), in a new column of the spreadsheet - perhaps column B - put the formula =DATEVALUE(A1) . o Copy this formula down column B to match all your relevant cells in column A.
o  Select column B by clicking on its column header.
o Right-click in the column, select Format Cells... | Numbers, and choose a suitable date format.
o  Column B now contains your required date values.
o If you wish to move these back to column A, you can do this using Paste Special instead of Paste, removing the tick from Paste All, and then making sure Formulas is *not* ticked.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker