Gunilla Raaschou wrote:
> I use Microsoft Windows XP.
> When I mail a document written in OpenOffice.org Writer the receivers
> can not open it. I can change it into a Pdfand then they can open it.
> But I do not want that as I would like to keep it so that I can go on
> working with it.
> Hope you can help me

OpenOffice, by default, saves in the ISO standard ODF file formats,
which Microsoft refuses to support.  You'll have to save or send in Word
format.  You can save the file in Word format, in the "Save as" panel,
by selecting Word format from the drop down list.  Also, make sure
automatic file name extension is selected.  Alternatively, you could
click on File > Send > E-mail as Microsoft Word.