Ari E. Yoder, webmistress wrote:
I have clients who send me work in Word, Excel and a big project weekly that is done in Publisher. Will I be able to open those .doc, .xls and .pub files with Open Office products? Will I be able to then save them back to .doc, .xls or .pub files to return the completed work? This is the most important consideration for me as it will totally affect my ability to do business (and hence eat!).

You will be able to open Word & Excel files, other than those saved in the new Office 2007 formats. Only Publisher can open Publisher files.