On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:46:33 -0500
Stuart M Bowersox wrote:

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium.  While downloading OpenOffice you
> turned yourselves off.  Why? Is there a beter way to download Open
> Office?

What do you mean by "turned yourselves off"?
Download issues are a broad field and can occur because of:
 * Filesize: OO.o is large
 * Dialup Connection: Noisy line, ISP Disconnect, Phone pickup.
 * Computer negotiation between your box and the server failing.
 * Excess error rate.
 * Server outage.
 * Other reasons i can't think of right now.

So answering "Why?" is a crystal ball exercise. The server log may have
the answer but i dont have access to that.

Try again, if you are on dialup expect it to take several hours. If it
still fails then look to buy OO.o on a CD, ask a mate with a fast
connection to download it for you, or download it through an internet
cafe.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416