[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> From: "Harold Fuchs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>

>> What happens when you try to run Opal Office? Exactly what error messages do
>> you get? How are you trying to run Opal Office - are you double clicking one
>> of its icons or are you double clicking a Word document or what exactly?
>>
>> The trial version of MS Office will *not* interfere with the proper working
>> of Opal Office. One thing that might be happening is that when you installed
>> Opal Office you did not set it as the "default program" for handling MS
>> Office documents. If this is the case then, when you double click a Word
>> document Windows will run Word instead of Opal Office's Writer.
>>
>> But please explain in a lot more detail what is happening and *exactly* what
>> the problem is.
>>

>> --
>> Harold Fuchs
>> London, England
>> Please reply *only* to users@openoffice.org
>>
>> I downloaded opal office in a folder then I installed it. When I do open a
>> document from and email it open just one with a lot of documents on the left
>> side under recovery and then an error message come up and say a runtime
>> error  in microsoft word,and then it close and I can not download any more
>> documents. You said to set opal office as the default program. How do I go
>> about doing that?

You have to change the file associations, as described here:

Right click on file icon
Select Open With > Choose Program...
Check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and
choose the desired application.
If that method is not available, follow the directions listed here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859