Conrad Smith wrote:
> this is what open ofice 2.1 turned by book pags into. did the text
> document crash. i originally saved it in .rtf but i saved it in .odt
> to try and recover it. how can i. please help me. i am desperate is it
> gone for good?
If you saved your work in RTF, it should be readable in WordPad or
almost any other word processor.  Have you tried that?  If OpenOffice
had one file open and damaged it, when your system crashed, the others
should still be readable.  Have you tried others?
As I mentioned in another note, it's a good idea to copy those files
elsewhere, before trying to recover them.