2008/2/8, Clarissa Carlyon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello
>
> I wonder if you can advise a dunce like me? I am trying to install
> OPenOffice on an iBook G4 with OSX Tiger but am falling at the first hurdle.
> On my install disc 1 there is no "Optional Installs" installer. There IS a
> similar icon for "Install bundled software only" but even this does  not
> contain the  required  x11 package (pic attached.) Can you help?
> Thanks
>
> Clarissa

Hello Clarissa,

About X11: I don't know on which Tiger Install disk X11 sits, but you can
use Spotlight (the blue icon top right on your screen) to locate it. Put the
CD or DVD in your drive and do a search for X11User.pkg
If you have two install disks (depend on the version of Tiger I believe),
try the other one too.
You can install directly from Spotlight if it locates the package. Just
doubleclick and X11 will be put into your Programs>Auxiliaries folder.
(X11 doesn't come with OpenOffice.org)

You'll find OpenOffice.org for your PowerPC/Tiger here:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/x11-104-PPC.html
the first in the list is the english-US one (careful: don't click on the
bittorrent if you don't want to use that download method)

The alternative if you don't find X11, is to install the Aqua version, but
this isn't fully operational and stable yet. You forget about X11 and
download the Aqua version from here:
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/aqua-PPC.html

Please do some reading on the Mac porting pages, it may save you time and
worries.
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/index.html

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger