Hi,

I did try opening X11 first after reading that tip somewhere but it still won't open. Here are more details. I have been using OO for a few months w. no problems except for slow startup. I read a tip that said if I downloaded the new version of X11, the slow startup (& the "command timed out" message) would be corrected. I downloaded X11 2.1.3 and now the problem is worse: OO won't open at all. X11 opens, then OO tries to open, then I get the "command timed out" message. When I click OK (or continue or whatever) the ball stops spinning and OO seems to just hang. To get out, I have to force quit OO. X11 closes normally.

I found the same problem on a forum so joined it and posted my experiences to see if it helps anyone to figure this out. One of the earlier postings suggested downloading NeoOffice as a workaround. I may try this since I need to get into my spreadsheets and can't open them now. I have tried uninstalling the new version of X11 and reinstalling my old one and I have tried uninstalling OO and reinstalling it too. Nothing works so far.

Thanks.