Lucy wrote:
hi there,
not sure if you are aware of this but I noticed someone selling your software on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/Open-Office-2007-for-Microsoft-Windows-98-2000-XP-Vista_W0QQitemZ370021736835QQihZ024QQcategoryZ3770QQcmdZViewItem I didn't think it looked right so wanted to let you know.

It is entirely legal to sell OpenOffice, but I don't think much of those, such as this one, who only sell a download link. Vendors who sell it on a CD provide a useful service, but those selling a link do not provide anything that can't be obtained for free. According to what I've seen on that site, they appear to be complying with the requirements for distributing OpenOffice, so it's simply a case of buyer beware. All we can do, is keep spreading the work about how OpenOffice is available for free from www.openoffice.org.