John Boyle wrote:
James Knott wrote:
JAY SUREKA wrote:
dear sir,\

I have Window's O/S & OpenOffice.orgn. How I can send Fax

Jaysureka
Generally, fax programs create a "printer" that you'd print to, like any other printer. So, you just print the document, select the fax printer and follow whatever comes next. Also, a popular alternative to sending fax is to create a PDF file with OpenOffice and then email the PDF.

To James Knott: I have a funny for you. I have a cousin who does NOT own any computer, but does own a FAX machine. He also has an answering machine, but for long messages I use my fax machine to send it to him! It is a Brother IntelliFax 1860c. Using the PDF method would not work, I am afraid, but I have tried to convince him to get a computer, to no avail!! :-) :-D

The vet I take my pets to doesn't accept email, because of all the viruses etc., he was always getting. He doesn't seem to realize that running Windows is the cause of the problem and he wouldn't have to worry about that, if he ran Linux.

What's curious is what employers want when accepting applications. Years ago, it was mailed paper, with some accepting fax. Now, it's email with some accepting fax and I suppose paper mail, if they provide a postal address.