On 02/12/2008 12:36 PM, Yvette Lopez wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I work for the IT dept. at a Middle School and we are having an issue
> with the students having to register every time they try to open a
> document in Open Office on different computers. The students do not have
> their own computers to log onto and utilize the ones in our computer
> labs, classrooms, etc. In a setting where there are roaming profiles,
> how do I get it to stop asking them to register?
>

> Thank you,
>

> Yvette Lopez
>
> Prescott Unified School District
>
> IT Dept.

I think that this will be of help:

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation>
  then
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide>
  then
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide/Deactivating_Registration_Wizard>

Also see:
<http://user-faq.openoffice.org/new-faq/faqinstall/faqinstall/32.html>
[Post install - skip registration dialog]

Alternately, you can open OOo on each machine and simply click the
already registered or do not wish to register on each. That _should_ fix
the problem, however if after that the registration wizard keeps poping
up, post back.

Please *only* reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED] See:
http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html for information on how to
subscribe and/or view archives so that you can see answers provided by
other OOo users.