Yes, they are (were) there. I use Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar. They were present there, activated by a non-descript icon. Almost accidentally, I found them and have started to learn how to use them.

Thanks for your help,
Bobby Dowden

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Knott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; "Bobby Dowden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Can't open any part of OpenOffice

Bobby Dowden wrote:
I've installed OpenOffice 2.3. The only icon place on my desktop is "Install OpenOffice." It does not open Write, or any other part of Open Office. All it's done is re-install. I've also tried the Modify OpenOffice -- to no avail. Even yet, I can't get any part of it to open. What am I failing to do?

Bobby F. Dowden

After you install OpenOffice, there should be (assuming you're running Windows) an OpenOffice folder and icons in your Start menu. Are they there?