On 02/25/2008 04:47 PM, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 00:13 26/02/2008 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>>I have a document with a coloured picture that I want to have in
>>black and white.  How do I achieve this, other than by using a black
>>only printer?
>
> Go to Tools | Options... | OpenOffice.org | Print | Printer and put a
> tick by "Convert colors to grayscale".  (Note that this setting does
> not appear to influence Page Preview.)
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

If you are referring to BW printing, then I'd recommend setting up
several printer profiles for your printer. For example; I have a Canon
MP750 & in order to not use up color ink all the time I set it up as
several printers:

MP750 - default as BW
MP750Color - Standard color settings
M750Photo - Photo color settings & feed from the top tray
MP750DuplexBW - Black & White duplex printing
MP750DuplexC - Color duplex printing

So, when I go to print I just use the applicable printer for the print
job. It all goes to the same printer, but uses different settings.

If, on the other hand you want to actually modify the picture in the
document, then all you need to do is open the Picture Toolbar:
View|Toolbars|Picture - click on the graphics mode dropdown
(Default/GreyScale/Black-White/Watermark) and off you go.