C.Lodder wrote:
Dear sir, madam,
I have downloaded openoffice.org for the first time to get access to
-Powerpoint- but after I downloading I don't succeed.
Your advise is appreciated.

The presentation application in OpenOffice is called Impress. Do you see that? Impress can read and write in PowerPoint format, but the default is the ODF format. This means that if you want others, who use Microsoft Office to use those files, you'll have to remember to save in PowerPoint format. Also, ensure automatic file name extension is selected.