Gloria Good wrote:
A friend just lent me a mac osx, version 10.3.9 and it has no writing program on it. (I have always had a pc.) I tried to download openoffice.org, but after an hour and 15 minutes, it had only downloaded 11% of the file and I finally gave up. Is that the normal amount of download time, or did I do something wrong? Is there a way I can download it without it taking all day?!

That depends on your internet connection. If you have broadband access, such as ADSL or cable modem, it should only take a couple of minutes. If you're using a dial up modem over telephone lines, it will take hours.