I use openoffice on Linux (Ubuntu) and have had no printing problems. I first setup the printer on my operating system and Openoffice automatically picked it up.

Giving more details about you problem may help .... for instance the

1) type and version of
1.1) Operating system
1.2) Printer and its software
1.3) Openoffice version
2) how is the printer setup
3) have you been able to print from other programs ?

-Ganehsa

Bobby Dowden wrote:
I'm gradually working my way into the protocols of using OpenOffice Writer.  Something is not getting
through.  When I try to Print a document, my printer read-out says, "Printing."  But, then it sits
there and does nothing.  When I go to the printer queue, the document is there, but my printer does nothing.
I've let it set for over 2 hours, believing it might be "thinking about it" or working out the
commands of OpenOffice.  That did no good -- it was still doing nothing.  When I turn the printer off and
then back on, it remains in that same "do-nothing" mode.  In order to use the printer to print
anything else, I must make sure the printer queue is emptied, then turn it off and leave it off for a rather
long time.

Any suggestions, please?

Bobby Dowden