[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I may be one of the dumbest people on earth.  I've downloaded open office on
two different computers.  I can't figure out how to open the program.  I
have Microsoft office on one computer, but not on the other.  What am I
missing?

After you download the installer file, from www.openoffice.org, you have to double click on that file, to start the installation process. After the installation is complete, you should find an OpenOffice folder and icons in your Start menu. Use those icons to start the various OpenOffice components. Also, during the installation you'll be asked if you want to make OpenOffice the default application for Microsoft Office documents. You'll have to decide whether you want OpenOffice or Microsoft Office to be the default on the computer that has Microsoft Office installed.