On 03/02/2008 05:22 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 29/02/2008, Jergen Deauna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Date: Friday, 29 Feb. 2008 From: Jhen Martinez
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Permission to Use OpenOffice
>> Logo
>>

>> Gud day! I would like permission to be able to copy the OpenOffice
>> logo attach in my file here my e-mail
>> address<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. This logo is presented in my
>> thesis cover. If you could please reply with an image of the logo
>> as well, that would be great and you can help me in my thesis.
>>
>> Thanks, Jhen Martinez
>
> The logo is open source just as the rest of the program is. You may
> do with it as you please, so long as any changes that you make to the
>  logo are for redistribution as well. One cannot attach files to the
> list, but this might help you:
> http://google.com/images?q=open+office+logo

Please *do not* use logo's from google images. Here are the official OOo
logo's:

http://marketing.openoffice.org/art/galleries/marketing/logos/
<quote>
 As licensing has not been clear in the past we're working on a
description how these files may be used inside and outside the community
without asking for allowance at  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  . A
first draft can be seen in the Wiki, but for the moment please follow
the present guidelines
</quote>

OOo Logo are *not* open source. Before using, please send your request
to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] per:
http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/OEM_and_CD.html#generallogos

Draft wiki is here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoArt--OOo_logo_license

For the OP:
--
You have been cc'd on this post as you have posted to an open OOo