To: "rudolph s. daldin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Open Office Users" <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated] Can't save as Word

Hope somebody on the list can help. I've had the message you're getting, but when I went ahead with the save it had the .doc extension and was completely usable by the folks I sent it to. So you're selecting the XP format, the automatic filename extension option box is checked, and yet the file gets the .rtf extension, and it can't be opened when you send it? Even if the extension comes out as .rtf, that's a format that Word (and just about every other word processing program) can open, although the quality may not be too good. I sure have never seen anything like the behavior you're describing.

Attachments to the list don't always get through (though your title page .doc did get to me). You can try sending a file that you had trouble with and see if we can help.

rudolph s. daldin wrote:
Dear Barbara

Thank you!

No, the Save As extension drop down menu is not the problem - it invites a series of Microsoft Word save options, but when one of these are used to save in doc, a window appears " This document may contain Formatting or content that cannot be saved in MS Word/200/xp file format.....

Click yes....
Click no....

The Open Office Writer document is then always saved in RTF File which cannot be opened by my users.

Any advise?

rudolph s. daldin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Duprey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>