Dear People,

Having downloaded OpenOffice I am having a lot of trouble opening it.

My OS is Mac OX 10.5.2 iMac Intel with 2G ram.

The flow of events having downloaded and clicked the OOo in the Dock is as follows;

Questions "Use Apple fonts?" & "Use fonts on this system?" replied yes to both. X11 appears in the Dock together with a small X11 window with the writing "bash-3.2$"
Window appears "Command timed out" OK
A circular black/white icon appears which rotates exceedingly slowly
After many seconds the Writer app opened.
Accessed all apps

Closed OpenOffice
Had to use "Force Quit" to close it

Reopened Open Office
Same events as above except Writer app never opened
Had to use "Force Quit" to close app.

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated

Regards

Malcolm Pearson