Jeff wrote the following on 3/18/2008 8:30 PM:
I can't complete the download and I have a fairly new computer, with xp pro installed on it. I had it reformatted two months ago. Jeff

You didn't mention if you are downloading over a dial-up connection. The OpenOffice download is huge for that kind of a connection.
If that is the case, you have two options.
1. You can purchase a CD from OpenOffice at http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html If you select this method, you can burn the CD and distribute it to your friends.

2. You can use a download manager (there are several of them available for free - Google is your friend) and when your download is interrupted by a dropped connection, you can re-connect and resume your download. No need to start over from the beginning.

--
Jack