On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Dianne Paddock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have just tranferred my files from another computer and my written
> documents do not fit within the margins of the your office writer
> which I have just downloaded.  Your margin settings are too wide.  I
> have searched but can't find the settings on how to narrow the
> margins.  I would appreciate the instructions on how to do
> this.  There must be a simple way.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Dianne

Hello Dianne,

I am not sure this will solve your problems because normally when OOo opens
a document it also applies the margins that are saved in the documents
properties.
Anyway, to change the margins of a page you have to use the menu format >
page and then select the "page" tab.
For reasons that are beyond my capability of understanding Microsoft Office
2003 and previous versions have the formatting page menu entry in the *file*
rather than in the Format menu ... :-)

Cheers,

Michele