[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote the following on 3/20/2008 2:43 AM:
Hi Jack,

I don't know why but I discovered the text I sent you wasn't correct, I give you the right: "Hi, my name is Marco; I am using the last version (2.3.1) of OpenOffice.org. My problem is: with this document (EN60598-2-02...) made in word, if I open it with OpenOffice the report is modified: since page 5 until pare 32 the part GENERAL TEST REQUIREMETS and CLASSIFICATION are copied and saved; there are also other modifications from the original document (I send you the original and the modified documents). I did't fint the right settings to see and save the doc in the right way. Can you help me?" Anyway the part I care is from page 5 to 32: if you open them with msword (from word97 to newer) you can see they are different, but shouldn't be. The doc "EN 60598-2-02_modified_w_openoff.zip" is the same of "EN 60598-2-02_original.zip" but only opened and saved with OpenOffice (in the first I removed only some references of the institute, but this modification is not important: the result is the same). There are also other modifications in the first page when you save the doc with OpenOffice. Is importan you open them with msword to see the differences becouse if you open them with OpenOffice they became the same. I hope I help you. Ask me for any other info.
Regards,
Marco.

Marco,

Don't worry about the first email. I pull worse stunts than that on a daily basis. I compared your document with Word 2007 and OpenOffice 2.3.1. I see what the difference is on the first page - part of the footer is turned the wrong way. But I was baffled by what I saw when I scrolled down to page 6. Everything from page 5 is repeated on all the other pages. I even took the document over to another machine and tried it with Word 2000. It showed me the same thing as Word 2007.

The result you see in OpenOffice is not caused by you not saving the document in the correct way. I tried every available save option in Word 2007 and OpenOffice still made a mess of every result I opened. I have certainly never seen this kind of behavior before in any imported Word document.

Hopefully wiser minds than mine on this list can help you, but you definitely stumped me!

BTW: You should send all your questions and replies directly to the mail list. Not to me individually. This way when I can't help (as is often the case) maybe the others can guide you.

--
Jack