On Mar 21, 2008, at 18:04 , Ralph Barhydt wrote:

Thank you.  What command do I use to start OOo?

I tired "start" and I tried "open." "open OOo gave me an error message: /Users/REB/OOo does not exist.

Ralph

John Blegen wrote:
----- Original Message ----
From: Ralph Barhydt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@openoffice.org
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 3:24:24 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Installation Files

I have downloaded 2.3.1 for the Mac and have spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to install/start it. i get an X11 window when I try to open the app. I have done what was posted on one of the websites in terms of X11 preferences, but nothing happens the way its described except being able to set the input and output. I can't use the application. Help.

I really don't like the looks of that error message. On the Mac, OOo 2.3 puts all its files in /Library/Application Support. I haven't yet tried 2.3.1, which hasn't been out very long for the Mac. Let's step back: where did you put the app, and what is it called exactly?

Using a rusty Amiga 4000T, a shiny PowerMac G5, & a homebuilt Ubuntu box

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?