On 18/03/2008, Michelle Konzack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  * Do not Cc: me, because I am on THIS list, if I write here      *
>  * Keine Cc: am mich, bin auf DIESER Liste wenn ich hier schreibe *
>  ******************************************************************
>
>  Hello Geeks/Nerds and *,
>
>  I have a table and in the first column beginning  with  the  second  row
>  I like to use numbering, but this does not work over rows,  only  inside
>  the cell.  This is realy annoying.
>
>  This is working perfect under M$ products since I Winword 6.0 (long  ago
>  under WfW 3.11; do you remember?)
>
>  How can I get it working on OOo?
>
>  Oh yes, I have the need for it in  version  1.1.3  (it  is  an  embedded
>  System which I can not  change  currently;  needs  newer/more  expensive
>  Hardware) and in version 2.0.4 which is in Debian/Etch (stable).

Michelle, it is not clear to me what you are doing. Are you using
Writer or Calc? I will assume writer as you mention Winword.

You would like a table like this, with the numbers being added automatically:

| header | header | more.....|

Let me know if this is what you mean.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com