I just got an HP iPaq 210, which is listed as running Mobile Office 6. But it offers to save in the new and dreaded "four letter" formats, making it Mobile Office 6.1, the point one denoting Office 2007 compatibility. It also saves in the 2003 MS Office formats, as well as Rich Text and Plain Text, serving as a translator from 2007 to something actually readable. A nice little bonus from HP. Microsoft offers a free download of Mobile Office 6.1 to users of older versions, in case any of you with a handheld need an Office 2007 workaround.

One issue with the iPaq 210: it came with MS ActiveSync, which is just TOO active. It wants to sync something, and I don't use Outlook, so it seems to be having a virtual anxiety attack for lack of an honest job to do. I've reset it, but, short of disconnecting the iPaq from my computer, I can't turn it OFF! Does anyone know how to keep it from popping up like the Energizer Bunny?

M.J. in Beverly Hills