Fran & Owen James wrote:
I have recently installed OpenOffice on my Vista machine. However, no icons
are displayed on my desktop. Where can I find these icons to move to the
desktop, as they are not obvious in Program Files.

Can you help?

Owen James
I'm not sure what Vista does that corresponds to the WinXP Start > All Programs menu, but OpenOffice.org should have a folder there. If you want to get to OOo components more directly, you can copy their icons from that folder to the desktop (right-click, drag, drop, select "Copy Here"). Another way is to use the Quickstarter. Look in your system tray (usually at the bottom right of the desktop) and see if there's an icon with two birds on a blue and gray background, and if so, it should have a menu for the OOo components. I don't run with Quickstarter, because it seems to interfere with some kinds of OOo option changes "taking" and doesn't save a lot of time, but I believe it is installed by default as a Startup option on Windows systems.