On 25/03/2008 19:43, Dotan Cohen wrote:

<snip>
 OT: please modify your wrote header to eliminate the email address of
 the person you are quoting - nowdays with so many spambots it is
 considered rude to include the email address. Make them work for it :-)

It's gmail- not much that I can do other than to remove the address
from the To field. Sorry.

Hmmm. Interesting.

If I use Firefox to reply to a gmail message then the sender's address is included automatically in the "wrote" header and there's no way to prevent it happening.

If I use Thunderbird to reply to a gmail message then the sender's address is *not* included and there's no way to make it happen.

As they say, go figure. But it does seem like it's down to the mail client rather than Gmail itself.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England