Rene Alvarez wrote:
Dear OpenOffice:

Using Calc verison 2.3; I am trying to average the closing price of stocks.  My columns have the
prices of different days.  Can I highlight the different cells on the columns and then click a
button to average the chosen cells?  On Excel; I can click the "autosum" button, and down
scroll menu appears;  where  I click "Average" and the highlight cells are averaged.
Thank you for time and help.

Rene Alvarez

To calculate the average of a group of cells, use the AVERAGE formula.

If you want to calculate the average of range A1 through A10, for example, the formula would be entered as: =AVERAGE(A1:A10)