On 03/27/2008 04:24 AM, David B Teague wrote:
> The issue of sound effects, music, voice recordings, and video came up
> in a discussion of OO.o vs MS PowerPoint. Such effects can make a good
> presentation much better.  I have seen OO.o Impress presentations with
> sound effects but I don't know how to do this.
>
> If the how-to is short, could someone sketch how to go about this? And
> please point me to the documents I should have been reading.
>
> Many thanks for support always better and often faster than paid support.
>
> David Teague
> Double Bass in Fifths Tuning

<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Impress_Guide/Inserting_other_objects>

Note that the following no longer applies for 2.3 - 2.4.0:
<quote>
Note: At present (OOo 2.1) it is not possible to have a media file
played throughout the presentation. It will only be active in the slide
where it has been inserted.
</quote>
Version 2.3.0 and forward allow you to play a media (sound) file
throught the entire presentation. See:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/Impress
[I inserted a song in my presentation, but when I change slide the music
stops. How do I play music throughout a presentation?]

You can read the Impress Guide online:
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Impress_Guide>
or download in PDF format:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/