Linda Camp wrote:
Hello... I am a writer and I'd like to know if Open Office is right for
me. I send my books in manuscript (document) form to publishers for
editing and publishing. If you're familiar with the publishing world,
then you know that editors must be able to make changes to the documents
they receive before they are published as books. Does Open Office do
everything that, for instance. Microsoft Word does? A lot of editors use
Word or Quark and require that authors use a specified software when
sending their work in for publication. I would like to use Open Office if
editors and publishing houses can work with the result. Thank you,Linda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Find out what file format they require. If Word, then you'll have to send them your work in Word format. Just select the appropriate format from the drop down list, when you use Save as. Also, ensure automatic file name extention is selected. You can also email in Word format, by clicking on File > Send > E-mail as Microsoft Word.