2008/4/3, Brenda Noblitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  I have been using Open Office as a substitute for WORD.  I have just
> downloaded version 2.4 and haven't tried it yet.
>
> My problem is this - when I prepare a document in Open Office and want to
> email it - I save the document and the icon becomes one with the Windows
> logo.  So, when I get ready to email - the receiver can't open the document
> because it is not the WORD document that is compatible.
>
> Can you help?  This has really become a problem lately.  I have to open
> every document with Writer and then when it's saved again, it reverts back
> to the icon with Windows logo.
>
> HELP.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Brenda Noblitt

Hello Brenda,

Maybe you changed the default options when you installed the 2.4 version...

When you want to mail documents made in OpenOffice.org, you can use the File
> Send > Send as MS Word option. OOo then prepares a mail in your default
e-mail client with the file as a .doc attachment.

When you work on a document and want to save it as a MS Word .doc file,
choose File > Save As, give a name, choose the .doc format, and be sure the
file receives the .doc extension (automatic filename extension activated).
You can then attach it to a mail also.

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger