Salutations!

I am very interested in Open Office.  The software sounds terrific.  I am
amazed that such wonderful do-all software can just be given away!  How can
this be?  I searched your FAQ's for answered and my question was not
addressed to my satisfaction.  How is it that you can just give away this
great piece of software?  I know that there is a great cost in research and
development of software, so how is it that you can just give it away?  What
is behind all of this?  Who's paying for it?  What is the philosophy driving
this benevolence?

Ernie Carrasco <ICQUS><
[EMAIL PROTECTED]