Hi Jacques

In MS Word, I use F8 to select a word, then a sentence, then a paragraph.  I
> have three macros to select a sentence, then 1)delete it, 2)right arrow to
> go to next sentence, or 3) left arrow to go to previous sentence.

Here is one way to do those things in OpenOffice.org:

- select a word: double click on the word
- select a sentence: triple click on the sentence
- select a paragraph: quadrupal click on the paragraph
- go to next or previous sentence: I don't know! but you can use alt-up and
alt-down to go to the previous and next paragraph
- delete what you have selected: delete or backspace

Most (all?) of these will also work in MS Word.

If you would like to to change the default keystrokes in OpenOffice.org, you
can do that from Tools/Customize. If you create any macros, you can give
them keystrokes from there as well.

If you are interested in more keyboard shortcuts, you can learn about them
in Help / Shortcut Keys, General.

Hope this helps.

Adrian