On 04/05/2008 07:52 AM, Reginald Gibbons wrote:
> So far as I can tell, OO cannot open and work with word processing files
> created in Lotus WordPro.  I worry I need to migrate, since WordPro
> hasn't been updated in so long I wonder if it is on the way out.  But I
> hate giving up the ease of use of WordPro, and I detest Word.  Is it
> true that OO can't help me?  Can any other program worth using?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Reg Gibbons

There is no Lotus WordPro filter in the standard OOo. However, the nice
thing about open-source is that others may take the code and modify
and/or enhance it.  You have 2 options (I am assuming that you use Windows):

1. You can download and install alternate OOo's from Go-oo or Oxygen
Office: both will provide you with an appropriate filter and are very
reliable branches of OOo. Links are here:

http://go-oo.org/
 http://go-oo.org/download/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooop/
  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170021

2. If you have Lotus WordPro still installed, export your files to
another format.

Note: there is a 3rd option that you can use, but I am not familiar with
it - IBM's Symphony:
http://symphony.lotus.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.jspa
they use a long outdated version of OOo, and some say it takes a
considerable amount of memory and cpu, but should work.

--
You have been cc'd on this post as you have posted to an open OOo