Larry Sonstein wrote:
While I like the OpenOffice concept, its inability to open documents created with Microsoft Office 2007 is causing issues, since a number of people with whom I exchange documents are using the 2007 version of Office (Vista version), and OpenOffice does not appear to recognize the extentions created under this version of Office. Is there any chance that OpenOffice will soon be able to recognize these extentions (.xlsx, .docx, etc.)?

Yes......being worked on as we speak. At first, you'll only be able to read a file, not export to it. Those using it have NO advantage in using the new formats, except MickySoft lockin. They can easily save in an older format and eliminate the problem.

--
Fred  "Molon Labe"

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?