zither wrote:
When dBF file is opened and changed, it does not save but reports error.
There was no such problem in 2.3.1

If tried to EXPORT in DBF format, in files type only two options are
available, PDF and XTML whereas in Help it is mentioned to select the type
of format as DBF

Please guide.

Greetings Vijay,

Well, there is indeed an open issue regarding Calc saving to dbf files under 2.4, and I take it that you are using Calc to edit this file.

I would suggest one of two roads - if you must use Calc then you should either revert to OOo 2.3.1 ( or you can actually have both 2.4 and 2.3.1 on your machine at the same time if you like ) or use Base to edit your data.

For option two you would select - File > New > Database
On the front page of the Base file wizard select "Connect to existing database"
In the drop down box select a type of dBase
Next
Now browse to the directory that holds your dbf files.
Name and save the ODB file.

When you open the Base .odb file each .dbf file will be listed as a table, you can click on the Tables section and open the file directly in a Data view window or use the Form wizard to create a quick form for data entry.

TO be honest - it seems that Base also has a couple of quirks with dBase under 2.4, so unless there is something in 2.4 that you really must have you might very well want to stay with 2.3.1 until 2.4.1 comes out.

Drew