TienChieh Lim wrote:
OpenOffice should allow users of Writer to switch to Writer 'Lite' because
there are a lot of features those are not being used for most of the times.
Writer should categorize features under different categories and allow users to
select the least features required to get jobs done. With least features user
interface, users can get  the jobs done more easily.
Some users may just want to switch to Writer 'Lite'.

There is no Writer ‘Lite’ to switch to and it would be rather complex to create a program of totally indepenent modules.

Users who want an easy ‘lite’ word processor should probably use something like AbiWord or Jarte instead.

Personally, I prefer one big Word Processor where I may not use some of the features at all, but any feature I want will be there when I unexpectedly discover I do want to use it.

Jim Allan