Web said....
I wonder how simple MS's newest OS, Microsoft 7 is?
They are taking a lot of underlying code out of Vista
to make #7.  Well that is another fine mess that MS has/will
get us into.

Jim Said......
Please!

It is not only Microsoft who on occasion overcomplicates. Try the mail merge wizard in OpenOffice.org that does nothing useful and actually complicates the task of mail merging by sticking in an intermediate layer which corresponds to almost no-one’s actual address specifications. Fortunately you can mail merge excellently in OpenOffice.org Writer without every using it. It is one of the most worthless things I’ve seen in any application. Unfortuanately newbies wiil assume, wrongly, that the Wizard will make things easier and will try using it.

Try the Mule on Emacs, an attempt to use old, out-of-date code pages instead of using Unicode; and it did a far worse job than Microsoft Word did back when Microsoft Word was using multiple code pages.

I am tired of both Nix weenies and MS weenies who both seem to have missed hearing about the pot calling the kettle black.

Jim Allan

I have always hated mail merge, since Word 95 days.
I do not remember how to do it, and one day will need
to re-learn how to do it.

I know it is "bad" of me but I have forgot almost everything
that is not part of what I do on a "monthly" basis.  Some people
know that I had a stroke last year, so I just do what I need to
do, spelling/grammar errors and all.  One day I will have the
ambition to re-learn how to do all of the stuff I use to do in
the past.  Oh well . . . .  Just like the PowerPoint/Impress conversion
problem in the thread I started for it.

from:: Web at Work. . . .  although I do not work for pay anymore.