On 12/04/2008 17:31, Régis POTELLE wrote:
Thank you for your quick answer. Using "OR" as you tell me may be helpfull.
For the AND, I'll see later

kindest regards

In fact I just thought of a way to do "AND" but the solution is based on a facility in Writer which may or may not exist in other word processors. As an example, assume you want to find lines containing "a" and "b" and "c" but in any order: 1. Find, using Regular Expressions, ".*a.*". Use "Find All". This will highlight all the lines containing an "a". 2. Select "Currently selection only" and Find All ".*b.*". This will leave highlighted all the lines containing "a" and "b" in either order. 3. Keep "Current selection only" ticked (checked) and Find All ".*c.*". Done. Only lines with "a" and "b" and "c", in any order, will remain highlighted.

The problem with this method is that, while it will find "abc" or "bac" or "bca" or ..., it will also find "aqwercghjkb" which has an "a", a "b" and a "c" within it. This may not be what you want ...

The RE ".*a.*" means "any number of any character followed by an "a" followed by any number of any character. Here "any number" includes zero. Of course the "a" being found can be replaced by any string/RE.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England