On 04/14/2008 01:02 PM, NoOp wrote:

> If you'd like to try the pre-release 3.0dev in the interim, you can
> download the M5 Windows version here:
>
> http://download.openoffice.org/680/?intcmp=1235
> - no java is here:
> http://download.openoffice.org/680/index-nojs.html

[use the no java if you already have java installed, as the OOo included
version is Version 6 Update 4 and is already out of date. The current
version of Sun Java is Version 6 Update 5 due to security problems in
Update 4.]

> *Please* backup your documents prior to installing 3.0dev & remember
> that this is a pre-released OOo version. Also note that I have not tried
> your document in 3.0dev Windows as I typically don't use Windows; I can
> boot to Windows later today and give it a test if you don't mind waiting
> awhile longer.

Follow-up: OK, I booted into windows (WinXPPro) & installed 3.0devM5. It
installed very nicely and didn't disturb the existing OOo 2.3.1 that I
have on that drive - meaning that you can run both 2.x and 3.0dev, even
at the same time if you wish.

I then tested your document: 2.3.1 failed miserably. But, the document
opened in 3.0devM5 (quicker than in linux) without any problems at all.
I then did the same test: selected the table, added borders, made a few
changes to the document, etc., and all worked without any problems at
all. So... if it's not too late for the thesis, please give OOo 3.0devM5
a try. Note: I'm recommending M5 rather than M6 as M5 is the one on the
official OOo development page.

--
You have been cc'd on this reply as you have posted to an open OOo