Hi,

Twayne wrote:
 Hi,

OOo 2.4.0 on XP Pro SP2+:

This one is probably my own fault but I haven't done anything knowingly to cause it. I recently switched from 2.3 to 2.4 so I'm not sure whether it ever worked in the 2.4 version I have.

Problem:
TOC does not include links to the page they reference.

Tried:
Help, and the LE/ES (or whatever it was) settings and clicking to set ALL. Followed instructions as perfectly as I could; no help, so it would appear I'm missing something.


You can apply the LS (Link Start) and LE (Link End) entries to the TOC levels 1 to 10. There is no "ALL" entry.
If you see an ALL entry in the Levels box, something is messed up.


1.  HOW do I get the TOC to include links?
Please, don't just copy the Help paragraphs here; I've read them over and over without getting the links to work. Layman's terms please? Some of that Help is a little confusing so I'm probably misnterpreting something. I'm not new to Word or to Writer so you needn't assume I'm a complete newbie either.


please explain what confuses you, so we can find a better help text.



And, these further questions arose from that effort:

2. Is there a way to RESET *everything* in Writer, or even the entire OOo? Remove/reinstall doesn't seem to accomplish that. Either would be OK with me as I still have 2.3 installed and functional. I'm just getting 2.4 set up so don't mind starting over from scratch. Oh, and yes, I removed 2.3 also when I reinstalled 2.4, just in case there was something clnflicting.


please see the OpenOffice.org Tips 'n' Tricks blog entry "Starting over with a clean installation" http://blogs.sun.com/oootnt/entry/starting_over_with_a_clean
There you find steps and an explanation.

Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany
  http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation
  http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum
  http://blogs.sun.com/oootnt


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to