2008/4/14, mailingwinny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Can I open/use/change/save Word and Excel documents in Open Office? And
> can
> I open/use/change/save Open Office documents in Word and Excel?
>
> Hello,

OpenOffice.org reads, edits and saves MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint files, but
not yet the new 2007/2008 MS formats (docx, xlsx, ppsx).
MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint doesn't recognise the ISO approved Open Document
Format that are OOo's default file formats (ods, odt, etc.). If you prepare
files in OOo to be read by MS Word etc, you have to save them in the doc,
xls, pps formats

Find all you need to know about OOo at the www.openoffice.org site.
Free download available at all times from http://download.openoffice.org
There's a Dutch language project at OOo: http://nl.openoffice.org

--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua Beta 3.0.0 (and older) on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger