At 19:43 15/04/2008 +0200, Frank Häusler wrote:
I created a simple database from an excel-sheet.
Now I created a form with the wizard ==> ok.
When I double-click the form to use it for data entry it does not work.
The opened Writer-Document shows in the title-bar the name I gave to the form and the additional text "(schreibgeschützt)" english: "(read only)".

I don't think this is a problem. The "read-only" attribute applies, I think, to the *format* of the form, not its contents. It prevents the user changing the appearance or layout of the form, but it doesn't prevent the insertion of data and its saving to tables in the database.

I don't suppose anyone can help you if all you say is that entering data "does not work". One possibility, of course, is that the combination of fields that you have included in the form prevents you from adding essential data. If, for example, you have a field that is marked as "Entry required" but it does not appear in the form, then you will not be able to enter new records. This applies in particular to the primary key; you can avoid the problem in that case by setting this to AutoValue.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker